Mountaineer Behavioral Health is seeking an additional WV licensed psychologist. MBH was awarded a $3 million grant to create a residential substance abuse treatment facility and expects to open the 48-bed facility in early 2019. MBH will add 30 new staff in the next year due to the overwhelming demand for the quality services we provide.
The selected candidate must have solid counseling skills in working with individuals, couples, and families. Priority will be given to those with experience or knowledge of substance abuse treatment. Pay range is from $60,000-$90,000 to start and can go higher with experience and dependent on degree. Generous benefits packages including health insurance are also available.
Mountaineer Behavioral Health is an approved Behavioral Health Licensed Facility in West Virginia and provides services to a diversity of patients; from children to adults, individuals, couples, and families. Medicaid based services are covered. Administrative support, billing, marketing services, and networking are already established. Mountaineer uses EPIC electronic health records for both clinical charting and billing which allows clinicians to connect with WVU Medicine health care records.
Mountaineer Behavioral Health is in the eastern panhandle of WV, within 90 minutes of both Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD. The area is a wonderful balance between low cost of living in a rural area but with access to these large metropolitan areas due to commuter trains which extend to downtown Martinsburg. Martinsburg combines the best of metropolitan access, cultural opportunities and exposure, with low cost of living in the picturesque Blue Ridge of West Virginia. Pittsburg, PA, Charlotte, NC, and New York City are all within a four hour drive making Martinsburg a central location for the mid-Atlantic region. Interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter of interest, and references to: Jonathan Hartiens, Ph.D via email: [email protected]
Behavioral Health Supportive Counselor Job Description
Summary: This position requires the incumbent to provide case management that supports Medicaid patients and therapists in coordination of care tasks with external providers, completion of patient mental health and substance use assessments, and supportive counseling. The candidate will work closely with a team of primary therapists in an Intensive Outpatient Program within a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Works with Office Manager to complete clinical documentation for prior authorization of services.
- When multiple programs are involved in patient’s care, assists clinical staff with coordination of care across providers, collaborative team reviews and support for consistent patient participation.
- Participates as a critical treatment team member in service planning and review team meetings; and attends weekly staff meetings.
- Fulfills Targeted Case Management duties for eligible patients.
- Provides supportive counseling role to increase patients understanding of psychoeducational material provided by therapists.
- Maintains a goal of enhancing patients’ life skills development directed as alleviating symptoms related to their behavioral health condition and improvement of daily functioning.
- Provides face to face supportive group and individual counseling sessions according to patients’ service plans.
- Documents patient contacts in Electronic Medical Record system.
- Strong desire to help others overcome significant obstacles.
- Good Communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service field.
- One-year experience working with patients with Substance Use Disorders.
Position Type: Full-Time
Start your new path in life and be the change today!
Click here to view and print forms for your appointment.